FRIENDS is a grassroots, citizen-led, national not-for-profit that brings together Canadians under a simple and powerful idea: our shared story makes us who we are.
FRIENDS works to advance Canada’s rich culture and the healthy democracy it sustains, through defending our public broadcaster and journalism writ large, and fighting back against the steamroller of Big Tech that extracts Canadian wealth while returning Americanized content that doesn’t speak to our diverse truths. We conduct leading-edge policy and opinion research on issues affecting Canadian media and related issues, organize grassroots campaigns, speak truth to power in Ottawa, and make sure that the diverse voice of Canadians are heard in the halls of power.
FRIENDS is looking for an organizer to help us as we move towards a likely 2021 election campaign. The organizer will support national campaigning activities by helping mobilize our base of supporters and recruit new supporters across the country, and especially in several key ridings.
The organizer will:
- Be motivated to defend Canadian culture and journalism against government neglect and outright assault by foreign Big Tech;
- Be a self-starter, able to successfully work from home in the pandemic;
- Have organizing experience, in political campaigns, not-for-profit organizing, or community organizing;
- Be comfortable and familiar with the use of technology in organizing, experience with distributed phone banks a plus;
- Have some experience with training, and an ability to communicate complex ideas simply for a motivated audience;
- Be comfortable with speaking to people they don't know.
Details on the contract :
- A minimum 6-month contract, extendable until the election is called and completed;
- Full-time work;
- Salary range: equivalent of $37-57,000 yearly, depending on experience.
Interested? Reach out to Jacob Homel at email@example.com
with a CV and a compelling story on why you’re the person we’re looking for.